Friday, December 7, 2012

Tis' the season

Tis' the Season, right? Some how i feel like its always the season, lol. Being the eldest in a family of six, there is always a celebration. Take for example today, December 6th. My younger, yet abnormally tall brother, turns 22. Forget the days where just cake and ice cream where sufficient. Today I find myself sending text, emails, voice mails just to make dinner reservations. Let alone make time to find the perfect gift. What do you get a 22 year old? The fast answer would be a gift card. After all, I do work full time, but no. Mamadalama never bought gift cards and she did just well with her jobs. For those of you who don't know, mamadalama is my wonderful mom. Its a nickname i have used for ages now :) Throwing that gift card idea out of the window i some how found time yesterday, after my son's gymboree class. Yay for Holiday hours ;) Note to all of you, avoid the Malls in December. I regret taking my 3 year old. Although we found some awesome friends for his room (new plush dinosaurs) I'm sure he was just as aggravated as i was. Macy's was crowded with people trying to redeem their 20% coupon. Thank you to a sweet man who saved me 20% by the way :) My brothers new coat and I thank you. (oops, I'm sure Chris isn't reading this though) Once you walk into the center of the mall, children screaming everywhere, moms yelling at those crying children. Men wearing excessive amounts of free sample Cologne and of course the scent of the food court. Is it just me or is there something in that air that automatically makes you hungry. My son and i shared a pretzel. The scent took over our stuffed appetite. i hope you all had a great 6th of december.. and until next time.

1 comment: